Lost Ark Gold
If there is one thing in Lost Ark that's almost certain to confuse at least some of the new players, it's the currency system. The game has over 10 of them, and that number is likely to increase in the future. Learning about what these currencies are, how to get them, how to spend them, and if they are actually worth the effort needed to acquire them, is bound to take time. To save you at least some of the effort, we've prepared a quick roundup of all Lost Ark Currencies:
- Lost Ark Gold - The game's primary currency. Some of its uses include gear reforging, purchasing consumables, and making deals on the Auction House. It can be earned through Raids, Chaos Dungeons, Adventure Islands, Gateway Maps, and more. Gold is shared between all of your characters, which means that you can easily Buy and Sell stuff for Gold on any of your tunes without transferring it.
- Silver - Lost Ark's day-to-day currency. It's mainly used for paying for gear repairs, covering travel fees, and purchasing materials. It can be earned through pretty much any PvE activity in the game.
- Royal Crystals - Lost Ark's Premium Currency that can be purchased for real money. It's used to acquire assets from the premium shop. Just like gold, Royal Crystals are account-wide.
- Crystals - The main currency used to acquire in-game items, including items from Mari's Secret Store. These can be obtained from certain quests and achievements, purchased with Royal Crystals. You can also Buy them for Lost Ark Gold.
- Courage Tokens - Lost Ark's PvP Currency. It is earned by participating in all kinds of PvP content. You can exchange it for titles, mounts, resources, and other things from a PvP vendor.
- Silmael Bloodstones - The Guild Currency obtained from engaging in guild-related activities (GvG events, guild quests, dungeons, raids, etc.). This currency is needed to purchase various assets from the Guild Trader.
- Pirate Coins - Awarded for completing sea-related events. Used for trading with pirates. You can buy collectibles, emotes, resources, and consumables for them.
- Peons - Used alongside Gold to complete deals on the Auction House. These can only be acquired through the in-game cash shop.
- Providence Stone - A special currency that can be used when interacting with NPCs. It can also be exchanged for Rapport Items through NPC Nada. This can be earned by completing quests and defeating monsters.
- Amethyst Shards - A special currency earned by watching Twitch streams and claiming Drops (after you've linked your account). These can be exchanged with the Amethyst Shard Exchange Merchant who resides in North Vern.
Uses of Lost Ark Gold
Of all of the above-mentioned currencies, Gold is the most important one by far. It is the lifeblood of the Lost Ark's economy and the main propellant that moves your characters forward. Because of this, having enough gold is paramount for dynamic in-game progression. Here are some of the main uses of Lost Ark Gold:
- Upgrading Gear - If you want to make your current gear stronger, you have to upgrade it using special materials (Harmony Shards, Harmony Leapstones, Destruction Stone Fragments, Guardian Stone Fragments, etc.). Each upgrade attempt will not only consume the materials but will also cost a pre-determined amount of gold. In other words, the more you upgrade, the more gold you'll need (especially if you're unlucky with your attempts).
- Trading on the Auction House - Gold is the currency of choice when it comes to money-related player interactions. If you want to Sell or Buy something on the Auction House, you do it with gold. As a side note; Because Gold is relatively hard to come by and much less abundant than silver, prices on the AH should remain rather stable and inflation shouldn't be a big problem in Lost Ark.
- Repairing High Tier Tools - If you plan on leveling up life skills, you should keep in mind that repairing tools of Epic (Purple) and higher quality will cost you Lost Ark Gold instead of silver. Because of this, high-tier tools are much more expensive to maintain (but also provide a much higher yield).
For more detailed information on the subject of Farming and Earning Lost Ark Gold you can check our in-depth guide on the subject. You can do so by following this link: How to earn tons of Gold in Lost Ark Online
How to Earn Lost Ark Gold
Gold is what lets you develop your character and prepare it for harder and harder content. Without enough of it, you will eventually hit a wall and your progress will slow down drastically. To avoid this, you should try to maximize your gold income and use every trick in the book to ensure that you never run out of it. The primary ways of earning Gold in Lost Ark include:
- Trade Skills - To start off, here's a very brief breakdown of how gathering and crafting in Lost Ark works: The trade skill system in Lost Ark revolves around Energy; Your character will regenerate work energy at the rate of 30 energy per 10 minutes, with a cap of 10000. Using trade skills to gather or craft stuff consumes energy, so you have a limited number of actions per day, basically. Now, how to get gold via Trade Skills: Gathered and Crafted items can be sold on the Auction House for Gold, which means that you can use your Work Energy to make a steady income. When your energy reaches the cap, you will effectively start losing Lost Ark Gold, so you should never let that happen.
- Earning and Exchanging Epona Badges - The instant your character reaches level 50, you will want to press ALT+J. Doing so will open the Epona Requests tab. In it, you will find a plethora of Daily and Weekly tasks. Completing these will give you special points and earning enough points will award you with Epona Badges that can be exchanged for Gold via the Gold Exchanger NPC. Your point progress is shown on the bar to the left of the tab. Also, the progress bar resets weekly, so you should go out of your way to reach the maximum every lockout. There are three tiers of exchange available: Gold Pouch for 80 Epona Badges, Gold Chest for 200 Epona Badges, and Gold Casket for 500 Epona Badges. As you've most likely guessed, the most expensive option is also the most lucrative one so you should save up Badges and only Buy Gold Caskets.
- Crafting and Selling Accessories - If you do this one right, it will easily become your main source of Lost Ark Gold. Some End-Game Accessories are highly valuable and sought after by pretty much every player who has reached level 50. Because of this, crafting them with the intention of selling them on the Auction House is bound to be profitable. To start profiting from this, you will have to learn which Engravings are the most powerful and thus the most valuable to have. As a general rule, the higher the stats, the better the quality, and the more powerful the Engravings, the more valuable the Accessory. A word of warning: Be aware that crafting these is rng-based and you won't get a valuable accessory every time you craft one.
- Chaos Gates - Chaos Dungeons have secret rooms filled with treasure that can be sold for Gold on the Auction House. Moreover, you can get special Maps by completing them. Using these maps will give you a location of a special short dungeon with valuable rewards; to maximize your profits, make sure that, when you use them, you're in a party of 4 and that every party member has his/her own map - you'll quadruple your profits that way.
- Daily Events - Some of the Daily Events will award you with Gold and assets that can be sold on the Auction House. To check which ones, all you have to do is check the Upcoming Events tab in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Chaos Dungeons and Guardian Raids - Farming these will earn you various materials that can be sold on the Auction House for quite large amounts of gold. However, this will really become viable only after the Tier 3 content unlocks.
- Indirect Currency Exchange - While the name might be confusing, the process is actually very simple - you buy goods for one of many in-game currencies and sell said goods for Gold via the AH. For example, if you have excess Pirate Coins, you can Buy re-sellable items for them and post them on the Auction House. By doing so, you effectively exchange Pirate Coins for Gold. Keep in mind that the "exchange rates" will differ based on the current market situation.
- Affinity - Lost Ark lets you befriend various NPCs via the relationship/Affinity system. Earning Affinity with NPCs will give you a plethora of different awards, including Gold, however, Gold is most often one of the final awards for each NPC (so, the most difficult to get). While this won't give you too much, it does not require too much effort either.
- Getting in-game currency from an outside source - You can Buy Lost Ark Gold on Odealo, one of the best player-to-player markets on the internet. Doing so will allow you to skip lengthy grinds and go straight to the fun stuff. Purchasing currency is a good idea, especially if you don't have much time to spare for the game and want to maximize your enjoyment of it - having to farm for 90% of your in-game time can quickly kill all the fun and leave you burned out. Don't let this happen; Buy Lost Ark Gold on Odealo and enjoy the game to its fullest!
As you all know, Odealo is one of the largest online real-money trade websites on the internet. Recently, we've grown even more - You will be pleased to hear that we've expanded our already wide offer to cover Lost Ark, one of the most anticipated MMORPGs of the year. As with all other titles we cover, you can expect a safe player-to-player exchange platform, comprehensive seller and buyer protection, and completely free registration and purchase-related tools (our policy is to be as customer-friendly as possible, so this won't ever change). On Odealo, you can safely Buy Lost Ark Gold, in both small and extremely large quantities; our stocks are almost unlimited so we will easily cover all your in-game currency needs. As for the safety of the transactions made via our store; All our sellers are thoroughly verified, so you can be sure that your transactions made with the help of our website will go smoothly and you will get what you have ordered in a timely manner. On top of that, our transaction fees are the lowest in the business, which guarantees competitive prices. Don't hesitate to join our thriving community and take full advantage of our wide range of services. If you reside on the other end of the players' spectrum and have Lost Ark Gold in abundance but struggle to Sell it, we have a special proposition for you: register on Odealo and create your own auctions – that way you will easily Sell Lost Ark Gold. We guarantee that you will be satisfied with our services, just like thousands of our current associates are. After you verify (it's not nearly as scary as it sounds!), you will be free to create your own sell offers and take full advantage of our rapidly-growing real-money-trading platform.